Hillary Clinton is swinging through Silicon Valley this week on her Hard Choices book tour. As part of the tour, she stopped at Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park, Calif., and held a Q&A with users on her book’s Facebook page.
Here is all of the new information to come out of that Q&A:
- Hillary Clinton agrees with President Obama’s statement Monday that Russian President Vladimir Putin has “direct responsibility” for the downing of Malaysia Airways Flight 17.
- Hillary Clinton supports a cease-fire to end the ongoing conflict in Gaza.
- Hillary Clinton “enjoyed” writing her book.
- Hillary Clinton “supported” closing the Guantánamo Bay naval station, but acknowledges the difficulties Obama has faced in closing it.
- Hillary Clinton would theoretically support a constitutional amendment to overturn the Citizens United decision to “prevent the abuse of our political system by excessive amounts of money.”
- Hillary Clinton’s favorite book is The Brothers Karamazov.
- Hillary Clinton is inspired by Nelson Mandela’s “courage and capacity for forgiveness.”
- Hillary Clinton is “so excited [she] cannot wait!” to be a grandmother.
- The first book she reads to her grandchild will be Goodnight Moon.
- Hillary Clinton is “committed to” women’s rights, gay rights, and religious freedom.
- Hillary Clinton opposes the Supreme Court’s recent Hobby Lobby ruling.
- “From time to time,” Hillary Clinton lets her three dogs sit on the sofa. She generally loves dogs.
- Hillary Clinton also loves the state of New Hampshire.
- Hillary Clinton looks forward to going back to Chicago.
- If you ask politely, Hillary Clinton will sign your copy of her book.
- It was a “real treat” for Hillary Clinton to answer Facebook users’ questions.
Now you know.
- 1 How Hillary Clinton Would Handle the Supreme Court
- 2 Clinton’s Little-Known, Lifesaving Legislative Victory
- 3 Gary Johnson Is Now CEO of a Marijuana Company. And He Wants to Run for President.
- 4 The Online Habits That Trigger NSA Spying
- 5 Clinton Prepares Fast Push on Criminal Justice, Police Reform
What We're Following See More »
If a new poll is to be believed, Hillary Clinton has a big lead in the all-important swing state of Pennsylvania. A new Suffolk University survey shows her ahead of Donald Trump, 50%-41%. In a four-way race, she maintains her nine-point lead, 46%-37%. "Pennsylvania has voted Democratic in the past six presidential elections, going back to Bill Clinton’s first win in 1992. Yet it is a rust belt state that could be in play, as indicated by recent general-election polling showing a close race."
"President Barack Obama has chosen Jackson Park, a lakefront park that once hosted the world’s fair on the city’s South Side, for his $500 million presidential library, according to a person familiar with the matter."
Wednesday was the third night in a row that the Democratic convention enjoyed a ratings win over the Republican convention last week. Which might have prompted a fundraising email from Donald Trump exhorting supporters not to watch. "Unless you want to be lied to, belittled, and attacked for your beliefs, don't watch Hillary's DNC speech tonight," the email read. "Instead, help Donald Trump hold her accountable, call out her lies and fight back against her nasty attacks."
The Clintons will retain their Secret Service "code names from the last time they lived in the White House. Hillary Clinton is EVERGREEN and Bill ClintonEAGLE. Donald Trump is MOGUL, according to reports, and Melania Trump MUSE. The vice presidents get code names, too: Mike Pence is HOOSIER—a little on the nose—and his wife HUMMINGBIRD. Tim Kaine is DAREDEVIL, somewhat ambitiously. His wife's? To be determined."