Hillary Clinton is swinging through Silicon Valley this week on her Hard Choices book tour. As part of the tour, she stopped at Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park, Calif., and held a Q&A with users on her book’s Facebook page.
Here is all of the new information to come out of that Q&A:
- Hillary Clinton agrees with President Obama’s statement Monday that Russian President Vladimir Putin has “direct responsibility” for the downing of Malaysia Airways Flight 17.
- Hillary Clinton supports a cease-fire to end the ongoing conflict in Gaza.
- Hillary Clinton “enjoyed” writing her book.
- Hillary Clinton “supported” closing the Guantánamo Bay naval station, but acknowledges the difficulties Obama has faced in closing it.
- Hillary Clinton would theoretically support a constitutional amendment to overturn the Citizens United decision to “prevent the abuse of our political system by excessive amounts of money.”
- Hillary Clinton’s favorite book is The Brothers Karamazov.
- Hillary Clinton is inspired by Nelson Mandela’s “courage and capacity for forgiveness.”
- Hillary Clinton is “so excited [she] cannot wait!” to be a grandmother.
- The first book she reads to her grandchild will be Goodnight Moon.
- Hillary Clinton is “committed to” women’s rights, gay rights, and religious freedom.
- Hillary Clinton opposes the Supreme Court’s recent Hobby Lobby ruling.
- “From time to time,” Hillary Clinton lets her three dogs sit on the sofa. She generally loves dogs.
- Hillary Clinton also loves the state of New Hampshire.
- Hillary Clinton looks forward to going back to Chicago.
- If you ask politely, Hillary Clinton will sign your copy of her book.
- It was a “real treat” for Hillary Clinton to answer Facebook users’ questions.
Now you know.
What We're Following See More »
"The U.S. Air Force is preparing to put nuclear-armed bombers back on 24-hour ready alert, a status not seen since the Cold War ended in 1991...Putting the B-52s back on alert is just one of many decisions facing the Air Force as the U.S. military responds to a changing geopolitical environment that includes North Korea’s rapidly advancing nuclear arsenal, President Trump’s confrontational approach to Pyongyang, and Russia’s increasingly potent and active armed forces."
"Senate Democrats on Thursday failed in their first attempt to save the state and local tax deduction, which helps many residents of California and other high-cost states reduce their federal income tax bills. The Republican-controlled Senate voted 52-47 to reject an amendment that would have prevented the Senate from considering any bill that repeals or limits the deduction as part of a planned tax overhaul."
"President Donald Trump's former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski appeared on Capitol Hill for a closed-door interview with the Senate intelligence committee Wednesday, according to a source familiar with the matter. Lewandowski is the latest senior official in Trump's orbit who has met with the committee as part of its investigation into Russian election meddling and possible collusion with the Trump campaign."
"A growing number of key Republicans are sending this message to the leaders of the congressional committees investigating potential Trump campaign collusion with the Russians: Wrap it up soon. In the House and Senate, several Republicans who sit on key committees are starting to grumble that the investigations have spanned the better part of the past nine months, contending that the Democratic push to extend the investigation well into next year could amount to a fishing expedition."