Browse the selection of questions below for any inquiries you might have. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact your Dedicated Advisor, call Member Services at 202-266-7900, or email email@example.com.
What is National Journal Membership?
National Journal is a premier research and insights company committed to helping organizations effectively navigate Washington. We serve more than 1,000 government and business leaders with the intelligence, insights and connections they need to save time, increase efficiency and deliver success. National Journal offers a variety of packages for government affairs teams with resources focused on making public policy professionals more efficient and effective. We serve both the Hill and the White House, as well as lobbying firms, corporate government affairs teams, and organizations with a focus on inside-the-beltway issues.
What do I have access to with National Journal Membership?
National Journal resources available to your organization depend on your package. See below for a list of resources available through National Journal. Please contact your Dedicated Advisor or Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about which resources are available to you.
- Presentation Center: An evolving database of copyright-free, white label PowerPoint slides on government affairs, advocacy, and elections.
- Presentation Center: Data and Charts: Our resource for all high quality data sets and charts on public policy and politics from government, think tanks, and academia.
- Almanac: Biographical and background information on all federally-elected officials, Members of Congress, and state governors. Members can also download Congressional, Federal Agency, Cabinet, and White House staffer contact information.
- Daybook: Online calendar of the important events happening on and around Capitol Hill. Search for events, receive customizable email alerts, and easily export events directly into your own calendar.
- National Journal Daily: Your source for everything happening on the Hill. Available in print, online, or via email newsletter.
- The Hotline: The ultimate insider’s source for campaign and election information, available online and via email newsletter.
- Midterm Elections Hub: The new, customizable dashboard helps you easily search the races most important to your organization and keep track of the latest FEC campaign finance reports, polling results, media mentions, and interest group ratings for every 2018 midterm race.
- Racetracker: Our campaign polling and finance data tool for Presidential, Congressional, and Gubernatorial races.
- Email Alerts: Subscribe to any of our newsletters, including Hotline’s Wake-Up Call, National Journal Daily, and The Latest from Charlie Cook. You can also set topic alerts, delivered to your inbox at a frequency best for you.
- Research: Our research term is focused on data-driven reports to help inform how you are running your government affairs shop and how you are influencing policy across Washington. Through Membership, you have access to both our Washington in the Information Age (WIA) report and the Government Affairs Benchmarking survey and report.
- The WIA report breaks down the media consumption habits of Washington Insiders - policymakers on the Hill, in the federal agencies, and in the private sector.
- The Government Affairs Resource Benchmarking service is available to help your organization understand how your peers are making similar budget and resource allocation decisions.
- Exclusive In-Person Events and Webinars: Meetings and panels of varied size and format. Join industry peers in attending member-only National Journal events, from in-depth policy webinars to exclusive events with Charlie Cook and our annual Leadership Summit.
Who do I contact for questions about my National Journal Account?
For any questions related to your National Journal Membership, please contact your Dedicated Advisor. You can find your Dedicated Advisor’s photo, name, and contact information on the upper right side of your homepage. You can also contact Member Services at (202) 266-7900 or through email@example.com.
How do I get a login for my National Journal Account?
Logins can be created within minutes. If you would like to request a user account, please contact your Dedicated Advisor, or Member Services at (202) 266-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I forgot my password. How do I log in?
In order to reset your password, please visit www.nationaljournal.com/forgot. Once you have entered in your email address, you will receive an email link from Member Services to reset your password. Be sure to check your Spam folder! If you have not received the email link within 30 minutes, please contact Member Services at (202) 266-7900 or email@example.com.
How can my colleague get access to National Journal?
Please reach out to your Dedicated Advisor to set up accounts or make changes to your own. You can also contact Member Services at (202) 266-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I unsubscribe from a newsletter or email alert?
To unsubscribe from any National Journal newsletter or email alert, go to your My Account page. Under Newsletters, simply click on any bolded newsletter to unsubscribe. Under Topic Alerts, make sure no boxes are checked in the entire list. Under Custom Alerts, you can click on the “x” to the right of any alerts listed under the “Save Alert” button. If you would like to unsubscribe from all newsletters and email alerts, click “Unsubscribe from all alerts and newsletters” under your name at the top of the page. If you have any questions, or continue to receive unwanted newsletters or email alerts after following these steps, please contact your Dedicated Advisor or Member Services at email@example.com.
Is there a mobile app?
Yes, National Journal has an iOS mobile app for our Daybook - a list of events on and around Capitol Hill. The app can be downloaded here. If you would like to access other resources from National Journal on your smartphone or tablet, our website is mobile-friendly.
What is the Presentation Center?
The Presentation Center is a database of Powerpoint slides and decks that covers current political news and what’s happening in Washington. These slides can be used in existing presentations, newsletters or briefings or added to social media and blog posts. All presentations and slides are copyright-free and white label for our members.
Can I customize and share slides from the Presentation Center?
Yes. Our slides are copyright-free for our members. Feel free to share them with your stakeholders via your website, social media, presentation, etc.
I’m having trouble finding a certain slide in the presentation center, what do I do?
The presentation center hosts thousands of slides and infographics. If you are having trouble finding a specific slide, please email your Dedicated Advisor for assistance. You can also contact Member Services at (202) 266-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can National Journal make custom slides or take requests for slides or data?
Yes! Through our latest service called Presentation Center Concierge, our team can produce custom materials for your biggest moments throughout the year Simply provide our team with the data, notes, or outline of your presentation and we’ll do the rest. PC Concierge is included in Membership. To submit a request or learn more, please contact your Dedicated Advisor or Member Services at (202) 266-7900 or email@example.com.
There are some presentations that say I don’t have access. How do I get access?
Presentations marked “Premium” are a part of the Presentation Center Verticals collection, which includes in-depth policy coverage across six industries: Energy, Health Care, Finance, Tax/Economy/Labor, Technology, and Cybersecurity & Defense. To learn more about adding this premium content to your Membership package, please contact your Dedicated Advisor.
Where can I RSVP for National Journal Member events?
You can RSVP on our events page or by reaching out to your Dedicated Advisor. You can also contact Member Services at (202) 266-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why can’t I find what I am looking for on the site?
Using the search bar on the homepage, you will be able to search all aspects of the website. Our search feature utilizes Boolean search, so feel free to combine phrases or terms together. Using quotations helps to narrow your search as well. If you are having trouble finding content on the website, you may want to reach out to your Dedicated Advisor for a complete walk-through of the tools and resources. You can also contact Member Services at (202) 266-7900 or email@example.com.
How can I get a copy of the Daily in print delivered to my office?
Delivery of the National Journal Daily is only available to offices inside the Beltway. Please contact your Dedicated Advisor or firstname.lastname@example.org to set this up. You can also contact Member Services at (202) 266-7900 or email@example.com.
Can you set up IP access for my office or building?
Yes. Please contact your Dedicated Advisor or Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up IP access for your office.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions or issues not listed here?
Please contact your Dedicated Advisor, or Member Services at (202) 266-7900 or email@example.com.