NEVADA 04 (D -- KIHUEN) | NV-4

DCCC Pulls Kihuen From Incumbent Protection Program

Hardy confirmed he’s considering a comeback bid.

Add to Briefcase
Ally Mutnick
Dec. 7, 2017, 10:18 a.m.

The DCCC “removed” Rep. Ruben Kihuen’s (D) “name from its 2018 incumbent program last week following a report about sexual harassment allegations against him. The incumbent program, called ‘Frontline,’ gives incumbents a fundraising boost and helps support their campaign operations.”

“The DCCC hasn’t completely ruled out spending on Kihuen if he stays in the race. But the campaign committee removed his name from its incumbent protection program after BuzzFeed broke the story, a source familiar with the decision” said. “That means Kihuen would no longer benefit from the fundraising and campaign infrastructure boost it gives to vulnerable incumbents. Still, the DCCC could decide to back Kihuen through the independent expenditure side.” (The Hill)

COMING UP. “Kihuen declined to answer questions Wednesday morning about whether he will run for re-election. ‘We’re going to be making another statement here in the next few days,’ Kihuen” said “as he walked to the Capitol.” (Roll Call)

COMING BACK. Rep. Cresent Hardy (R) said “Wednesday that people are continuing to ‘push me very hard to reconsider’ his decision, announced in July, that he wouldn’t run in the 2018 election cycle. … Hardy said he’s talked with” Las Vegas City Councilman Stavros Anthony (R), who is already running “and said he supports him, but noted that he’s still considering possibly entering the race himself.” (Nevada Independent)


Welcome to National Journal!

You are currently accessing National Journal from IP access. Please login to access this feature. If you have any questions, please contact your Dedicated Advisor.