WASHINGTON, D.C., June 14, 2012 -- Two of Washington's most trusted sources for news and analysis are teaming up to cover the battle for control of Congress. C-SPAN and National Journal Group today announced a partnership that will make National Journal reporters and editors regular contributors to C-SPAN’s coverage of the 2012 U.S. House and Senate campaigns.
Beginning this week, C-SPAN’s coverage of the congressional campaigns will regularly feature contributions from National Journal’s editorial team, including:
- The United Technologies/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll results will be revealed and analyzed during C-SPAN's Washington Journal live morning program on each release date.
- National Journal reporters will provide regular updates from the "NJ Big 10" series, featuring news, snapshots, and in-depth analysis on the ten most critical Senate races for 2012.
- National Journal and National Journal Hotline reporters and editors will be regular guests on Washington Journal segments looking at key Congressional races.
- National Journal political staff will help provide the context to C-SPAN’s simulcasts of more than 100 individual Senate/House debates from local TV stations across the nation.
Video from these appearances will also be posted to each media organization’s online sites and both C-SPAN and National Journal will distribute the video to their social media followers via Facebook and Twitter.
C-SPAN and National Journal also have plans to collaborate throughout the election season with projects such as live and taped C-SPAN coverage of National Journal editorial meetings with Congressional candidates, and briefings that examine key congressional races or assess the outlook for control of Congress.
During the national party conventions this summer, C-SPAN plans to air live National Journal’s “Daily Morning Briefings” (in Tampa for the Republicans, August 27-30; and in Charlotte for the Democrats, Sept. 3-6), as well as National Journal's "Path to Power" event at each convention, focused on how each presidential candidate would govern after the election.
About National Journal Group
National Journal is Washington’s premier source for 360-degree insight on politics and policy. With up-to-the-minute breaking news and analysis at NationalJournal.com, the essential congressional intelligence of National Journal Daily, the knowledge and depth of National Journal magazine, and the comprehensive campaign coverage of National Journal Hotline. Follow National Journal on Twitter (@nationaljournal) and Facebook (facebook.com/NationalJournal).
Contact: Taylor West, National Journal Group Communications Director
(202) 266-7756; email@example.com
Created by the cable TV industry and now in over 100 million TV households, C-SPAN programs three public affairs television networks in both SD and HD; C- SPAN Radio, heard in Washington DC and nationwide via XM Satellite Radio; and a video-rich website which hosts the C-SPAN Video Library. Visit http://www.c-span.org/ and follow C-SPAN on Twitter (@cspan) and Facebook (facebook.com/CSPAN).
Contact: Howard Mortman, C-SPAN Communications Director
(202) 626-6527; firstname.lastname@example.org
DON'T MISS TODAY'S TOP STORIES