John Boehner said Wednesday that his longtime aide Kevin McGrann will take over as executive director of his political operation, one of several personnel changes announced this week by the House speaker.
McGrann, the group’s former political director, replaces Tom Whatman in the leadership position. Curtis Isakson will serve as his deputy.
“The next two years will not be easy,” Boehner said in a statement. “Our House majority is currently Americans’ last line of defense against President Obama’s policies that are resulting in more spending, more taxes, and more debt. My team will be there every step of the way for the NRCC, our members, and our candidates as we work to grow our majority and solve the big challenges facing the nation.”
Here are the other staff assignments:
- Caitlin Wohlfarth Franklin will continue serving as finance director, leading the speaker’s fundraising efforts for the NRCC, House Republicans, and Boehner’s own campaign committees – including Boehner for Speaker, Freedom Project, and Friends of John Boehner.
- Cory Fritz will continue serving as communications director, handling all Boehner-related political communications.
- Erin Boyle will serve as PAC & member events director, working closely with the NRCC and campaigns on fundraising and strategic planning.
- Catherine Hansen will serve as major donor manager, overseeing Boehner for Speaker fundraising and donor outreach.
- Grant Saunders will serve as political director, focusing on member services, candidate consulting and strategy development.
- John Criscuolo will continue serving as political aide to the speaker, handling Boehner’s travel and events.
- Nick Flocken will serve as deputy director of strategic planning, focusing on DC event coordination and the speaker’s political travel.
- Mike Senich will serve as chief financial officer, responsible for Team Boehner’s treasury.
- Nick Domsitz will continue serving as campaign manager in the speaker’s hometown, where he will focus on strategy and fundraising for Boehner’s re-election.
- Matt Ferguson will serve as director of campaign operations in Boehner’s West Chester campaign office, where he will manage local grassroots outreach and get-out-the-vote efforts.