Mother Jones magazine released the full video of Mitt Romney's fundraiser at which he criticized the 47 percent of Americans who pay no federal income taxes.
Full Mitt Romney Fundraiser Video Part 2
Three excerpts from Romney's remarks:
1. All of Obama's Supporters Want Government Handouts: "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, here are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it."
2. Israeli Peace ‘Almost Unthinkable’: Palestinians have "no interest whatsoever in establishing peace, and that the pathway to peace is almost unthinkable to accomplish."
3. Romney Courts Hispanics, Wishes He Were One of Them: “My dad, as you probably know, was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company. But he was born in Mexico ... and had he been born of Mexican parents, I’d have a better shot at winning this. But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico. He lived there for a number of years. I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino.”
A full transcript of the video from Mother Jones is available here. Some spots that they've highlighted:
- On immigration: "[If] you have no skill or experience...you're welcome to cross the border and stay here for the rest of your life."
- On a pre-election foreign policy crisis: "If something of that nature presents itself, I will work to find a way to take advantage of that opportunity."
- On his reputation as a "rich, rich guy": "You know that I'm as poor as a church mouse."
DON'T MISS TODAY'S TOP STORIES