• President Bush delivers remarks to the 2008 NCAA Sports Champions (South Lawn, 1:40 p.m.) and speaks at the 2008 Bishop John Walker Memorial Dinner. (Washington Hilton Hotel, 7:10 p.m.)
• Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson holds a news conference to provide an update on the financial rescue package. (Treasury Department, 10:30 a.m.)
• The Senate and House are not in session.
• Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., hosts a news conference on health care reform. (215 Dirksen, noon)
• Army Maj. Gen. Robert Cone, commanding general of Combined Security Transition Command-Afghanistan, hosts a news conference to update ongoing security and training operations in Afghanistan. (Pentagon, 9 a.m.)
• Sen. Barbara Mikulski, D-Md., Peter Kitzmiller, president of the Maryland Automobile Dealers Association, and Darren Petty, government liaison for the United Automobile Workers, participate in a news conference to announce details of legislation to support the auto industry. (Chevy Chase Chevrolet of Bethesda, 1 p.m.)
• Senate Energy and Natural Resources Chairman Jeff Bingaman, D-N.M., Eileen Claussen, president of the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and Larry Schweiger, president and CEO of the National Wildlife Federation, speak at the Carbon Market Insights Americas 2008 conference. (Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, events begin at 8 a.m.)
• Details on these and other events are available in today's Daybook.