• President Bush participates in a photo opportunity and delivers remarks to the members of the 2008 Summer Olympic and Paralympic teams (South Lawn, 9:40 a.m.), participates in a meeting on the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (Guernsey Office Products Inc., Chantilly, Va., 1:20 p.m.) and delivers remarks following the meeting (Guernsey Office Products Inc., 1:45 p.m.)
• Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice delivers remarks to the World Steel Association's annual meeting on sustainable steel. (Renaissance Mayflower Hotel, 1:30 p.m.)
• The Senate and House are not in session.
• Former American International Group, Inc. CEOs Robert Willumstad and Martin Sullivan testify at a full House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing on the firm's bailout. (2154 Rayburn, 10 a.m.)
• The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation's Board of Directors hosts an open meeting to vote on the memorandum and resolution regarding the "Proposed FDIC Strategic Plan, 2008-2013." (FDIC, 10 a.m.)
• Housing and Urban Development Department Secretary Steve Preston, Assistant HUD Secretary Susan Peppler and Treasurer Anna Escobedo Cabral participate in HUD's national housing summit addressing foreclosure prevention. (Mandarin Oriental Hotel, events begin at 9 a.m.)
• Former Agriculture Secretary John Block, representing John McCain's campaign, and former Assistant Agriculture Secretary James Webster, representing Barack Obama's campaign, discuss the candidates' platforms on agriculture, food and rural policy. (National Press Club, 9 a.m.)
• Details on these and other events are available in today's Daybook.