• President Bush meets with representatives of American business on the economic rescue package. (White House, 10:50 a.m.)
• Labor Secretary Elaine Chao participates in a discussion on U.S. labor policy and its global influence. (U.S. Chamber of Commerce, noon)
• The Senate is in session.
• The House meets at noon for legislative business.
• Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., House Transportation and Infrastructure Chairman James Oberstar, D-Minn., and Rep. Corrine Brown, D-Fla., host a news conference on the Amtrak and rail safety bill. (2167 Rayburn, 11 a.m.)
• Senate Foreign Relations Committee ranking Republican Sen. Richard Lugar, R-Ind., speaks at a conference on "Defense Threat Reduction: The First and Next 10 Years." (National Defense University, events begin at 8:30 a.m.)
• U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen Breyer and retired U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Sandra Day O'Connor deliver remarks at a conference examining the relationship between corporations and the courts. (Georgetown University Law Center, events begin at 9 a.m.)
• Charles Collyns, deputy director of the research department of the International Monetary Fund, hosts a briefing on the analysis of the October 2008 World Economic Outlook. (IMF Headquarters, 9 a.m.)
• Details on these and other events are available in today's Daybook.
DON'T MISS TODAY'S TOP STORIES