• The Senate convenes at 9:30 a.m. for morning business and resumes consideration of S.2284, the Flood Insurance bill.
• The House meets at 10 a.m. for legislative business.
• Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman testifies before the Senate Appropriations Committee Energy and Water Development Subcommittee hearing on the Energy Department's restructuring of the FutureGen program. (192 Dirksen, 9:30 a.m.)
• The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee holds a hearing on improving climate modeling programs. (253 Russell, 2:30 p.m.)
• Sens. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., and Gordon Smith, R-Ore., and actress Mia Farrow attend the 2008 McCall-Pierpaoli award for the leadership and commitment to refugees and internally displaced people around the globe. (3000 Whitehaven St., NW, 7 p.m.)
• Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Neb., participates in a Center for American Progress discussion on national security. (1333 H St., NW, 10 a.m.)
• The American Middle East Economic Affairs Committee holds its annual U.S.-Arab Economic Forum. (Washington Hilton Hotel, 8:45 a.m.)
• Details on these and other events are available in today's Daybook.