Skip Navigation

Close and don't show again.

Your browser is out of date.

You may not get the full experience here on National Journal.

Please upgrade your browser to any of the following supported browsers:

Clinton: 'I Take Responsibility' for Security Ahead of Libya Attack Clinton: 'I Take Responsibility' for Security Ahead of Libya Attack

NEXT :
This ad will end in seconds
 
Close X

Not a member or subscriber? Learn More »

Forget Your Password?

Don't have an account? Register »

Reveal Navigation
 

 

NATIONAL SECURITY

Clinton: 'I Take Responsibility' for Security Ahead of Libya Attack

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton told CNN on Monday evening after landing in Peru for a visit that “I take responsibility” for the security situation ahead of last month’s attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya. The attack left four Americans dead, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens.

In the interview, she insisted that neither President Obama nor Vice President Joe Biden had been involved in security decisions related to the consulate. According to CNN, "Clinton said her mission now is to make sure such an attack will never happen again -- but also that diplomacy, even in dangerous areas like Benghazi, is not stopped."

 

Clinton Admits Responsibility

Comments
comments powered by Disqus
 
MORE NATIONAL JOURNAL
 
 
 
 
What should you expect from on Election Night?
See more ▲
 
Hide