Here is the list of the 18 presidential deficit-reduction panel members:
Appointed by President Obama:
• Co-Chairman -- Erskine Bowles, a former chief of staff to President Bill Clinton • Co-Chairman -- former Sen. Alan Simpson, R-Wyo. • Honeywell International Inc. CEO David Cote, a Republican • former CBO Director Alice Rivlin, a Democrat • Service Employees International Union President Andy Stern • Anne Fudge, former CEO of Young & Rubicam Brands
Appointed by Senate Majority Leader Reid:
• Senate Budget Chairman Kent Conrad • Senate Majority Whip Durbin • Senate Finance Chairman Max Baucus
Appointed by House Speaker Pelosi:
• House Budget Chairman John Spratt • Democratic Caucus Vice Chairman Xavier Becerra of California • Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill.
Appointed by Senate Minority Leader McConnell:
• Senate Budget ranking member Judd Gregg • Sen. Mike Crapo, R-Idaho • Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla.
Appointed by House Minority Leader Boehner:
• Ways and Means ranking member Dave Camp • Budget ranking member Paul Ryan • Rep. Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas.
DON'T MISS TODAY'S TOP STORIES