Former Sen. Arlen Specter died on Sunday at the age of 82, the Associated Press reported
- Specter, a Democrat from Pennsylvania, served in the Senate for 30 years, the AP reported.
- Specter died from complications associated with non-Hodgkins lymphoma, his son told the AP, after a battle with cancer.
- Specter switched to the Democratic party in 2009, but lost the Democratic primary to then-Rep. Joe Sestak in 2010.
- He served as the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
- Specter was active in the battles over Supreme Court nominations, including the controversial effort to block Robert Bork from appointment to the high court.
- To see the full obit click here.
Don't Miss Today's Top Stories
Comments comments powered by Disqus