A status hearing on the Department of Justice's lawsuit against AT&T's proposed takeover of T-Mobile USA, originally scheduled for Wednesday, has been delayed to Dec. 9, an AT&T spokesman says.
Federal District Judge Ellen Huvelle has a scheduling conflict., according to court papers.
Huvelle has already ruled that Sprint and C Spire may bring a separate lawsuit against the proposed $39 billion merger.
There was lots of action in the case last week, with the Federal Communications Commission coming out in opposition to the deal and AT&T withdrawing its application with the FCC while it fights DOJ.
If AT&T and the Justice Department do not reach a settlement beforehand, the trial is set to start on Feb. 13. Huvelle has said during she wants it to conclude in less than six weeks.