The National Republican Congressional Committee on Monday unveiled its regional political directors, rounding out its newly installed staff as the 2014 election cycle begins. The committee also named the person heading its effort to retake what it considers the seven most vulnerable Democratic-held seats.
The NRCC is trying to maintain the GOP’s 17-seat majority in the House at a time when Democrats hold the presidency and remain likely to retain control of the Senate.
Here's the list of directors:
- Jon Reedy, Northeast Regional Political Director: Takes the job after spending the 2012 election cycle as the Western Regional Political Director. In this role, he will work with incumbent and challenger campaigns in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont and Rhode Island.
- Joe Pileggi, Great Lakes and Florida Regional Political Director: He comes to the NRCC from Axiom Strategies, where he served as an associate for the firm and was the campaign manager for a successful statewide race in Missouri.
- David Watts, Central Midwest Regional Political Director: Watts has been a Republican operative for the last 15 years and has worked on local, state and national campaigns in Texas, Missouri and Illinois. He has also worked for former President George W. Bush, Texas Sens. John Cornyn and Kay Bailey Hutchison, as well as Illinois Reps. Bobby Schilling and Peter Roskam.
- Annie Kelly, Top Offensive Target States: Annie most recently managed Rep.n Tom Latham’s successful campaign inIowa, one of only two member vs. member races in the country. She is also a veteran of Governor Tim Pawlenty’s political organization, working as deputy state director for his Iowa campaign, operations director for his PAC, and deputy campaign manager for his 2006 reelection.
- Robert Jones, Western Regional Political Director: He is returning to the NRCC for the 2014 cycle as the west regional political director after serving the committee as deputy director of the Patriot Program in 2012.
- George Nassar, Southeast Regional Political Director: He returns to the NRCC to serve once again as the southeast regional political director.
Don't Miss Today's Top Stories
Rick, Executive Director for Policy
Concise coverage of everything I wish I had hours to read about."
Chuck, Graduate Student
The day's action in one quick read."
Stacy, Director of Communications
I find them informative and appreciate the daily news updates and enjoy the humor as well."
Richard, VP of Government Affairs
Chock full of usable information on today's issues. "
Michael, Executive Director