5) House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi may announce her plans at a Democratic Caucus meeting Wednesday morning.
4) We've officially got a candidate in the 2014 Nebraska governor's race: GOP Speaker of the Legislature Mike Flood, who announced a run last night.
3) The FBI probe into CIA Director David Petraeus's sex scandal has broadened and now involves Gen. John Allen, the commander of U.S. and NATO troops in Afghanistan. The Washington Post:
Allen's nomination to be Supreme Allied Commander Europe is now on hold.
2) In California's 52nd District, GOP Rep. Brian Bilbray is now trailing Democrat Scott Peters by 1,899 votes. The previous margin was 1,334.
1) The Washington Post reports that the White House is considering Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., for Secretary of Defense (he is also thought to want the Secretary of State job, which the Post reports U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice will "almost certainly" get). The Boston Globe looks at what would happen politically in Massachusetts if Kerry were nominated for either job.
Don't Miss Today's Top Stories
Rick, Executive Director for Policy
Concise coverage of everything I wish I had hours to read about."
Chuck, Graduate Student
The day's action in one quick read."
Stacy, Director of Communications
I find them informative and appreciate the daily news updates and enjoy the humor as well."
Richard, VP of Government Affairs
Chock full of usable information on today's issues. "
Michael, Executive Director