5) House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi may announce her plans at a Democratic Caucus meeting Wednesday morning.
4) We've officially got a candidate in the 2014 Nebraska governor's race: GOP Speaker of the Legislature Mike Flood, who announced a run last night.
3) The FBI probe into CIA Director David Petraeus's sex scandal has broadened and now involves Gen. John Allen, the commander of U.S. and NATO troops in Afghanistan. The Washington Post:
Allen's nomination to be Supreme Allied Commander Europe is now on hold.
2) In California's 52nd District, GOP Rep. Brian Bilbray is now trailing Democrat Scott Peters by 1,899 votes. The previous margin was 1,334.
1) The Washington Post reports that the White House is considering Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., for Secretary of Defense (he is also thought to want the Secretary of State job, which the Post reports U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice will "almost certainly" get). The Boston Globe looks at what would happen politically in Massachusetts if Kerry were nominated for either job.