Hotline Sort: Heitkamp, Staying Above the Fray
Welcome back to Hotline Sort. Obama responds to Romney's criticism, Majority PAC and the SEIU hit Tommy Thompson in a new ad, Gillibrand is still in excellent shape for reelection, and Christie gets lobbied by a Springsteen.
11) Levi Johnston now has a daughter, too: Breeze Beretta Johnston.
10) Springsteen super-fan (and New Jersey Gov.) Chris Christie is getting lobbied by The Boss's daughter.
9) Saturday Night Live has their President Obama and Mitt Romney in place for the election season: Jason Sudeikis will stay on at least through January, and continue playing Romney; and Jay Pharoah will be the new Obama, replacing Fred Armisen.
8) Barbara Carrasco, the GOP nominee in Texas's 16th District, had her office burglarized. "It looks like they knew what they were looking for," Carrasco told the El Paso Times. "They went after my laptop, ransacked my desk and files. It wasn't random selection."
Carrasco is running against Democrat Beto O'Rourke, who upset Rep. Silvestre Reyes in the Democratic primary this year.
7) In Washington's gubernatorial race, the super PAC backing former Democratic Rep. Jay Inslee (which is partially funded by the DGA), released its first TV ad, claiming GOP nominee Rob McKenna lobbied to increase his own salary while opposing an increase in the minimum wage.
6) A Quinnipiac University poll released today show Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., in excellent shape for her reelection bid: She leads GOP opponent Wendy Long 64 percent to 27 percent among likely voters.