5) House Majority PAC and AFSCME are launching a six-figure ad
buy targeting Rep. Steve King
, R-Iowa, the Washington Post
4) The new liberal super PAC Friends of Democracy launched their first television ad campaign today. The ads will target GOP Reps. Dan Lungren
in California, Chip Cravaack
in Minnesota, Sean Duffy
in Wisconsin and Charlie Bass
in New Hampshire. The $700,000 buy will run for two weeks in each district, and the ads
accuse the lawmakers of being focused on lobbyists rather than their constituents.
3) An internal poll conducted for Rep. Joe Donnelly
's Senate campaign shows
the Indiana Democrat in a dead heat with Republican state Treasurer Richard Mourdock
: Donnelly has 41 percent of the vote to Mourdock's 40 percent.
2) Amid the craze of analyzing potential VP contenders' Wikipedia pages for recent changes, the site locked down
former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty
1) Healthcare focus in the White House race: President Obama talked about
women's health care issues while campaigning in Colorado Wednesday. Obama, in Denver: "The choice between going backward and moving forward has never been so clear."
Meanwhile, Mitt Romney
and the RNC released a new television ad Thursday morning. The ad's
announcer: "President Obama used his health care plan to declare war on religion."