5) Upon being sentenced on gambling and racketeering charges, the Boston Globe reports
that the brother-in-law of Rep. John Tierney
, D-Mass., said the congressman was aware of the family's gambling operation. Tierney's office denied the allegation.
4) Sheldon Adelson pledged $10 million to the Koch brothers' 2012 efforts
3) The House voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder
in contempt of Congress on Thursday, by a vote of 255-67 on a criminal measure and 258-95 on a civil measure
. Politically, the most interesting thing about the vote is looking at which members bucked their party. Seventeen Democrats voted for contempt and two Republicans voted against it
. The NRA's decision
to score the vote played a big role. The Democrats who voted with the GOP were largely from swing areas where the NRA's influence can be felt.
2) Many other Democrats made it a point to show publicly that they disagreed with the vote in the first place. Led by Congressional Black Caucus members, more than 100 Democrats quietly left the House chamber during the voting, the New York Times reports
1) As we wrote on Thursday, the historic Supreme Court decision to uphold much of the federal health care law was a clear major victory for President Obama and Democrats who supported the measure. But it was also a catalyst for further Republican outrage -- outrage that many in the GOP will try to seize on in the coming days. On Thursday alone, after the court announced the decision, Mitt Romney
's campaign said it raised over $4.2 million