Hotline Sort: Betty White Dives Into Politics
Welcome back to Hotline Sort. President Obama hits Romney's Swiss bank account, Scott Walker is shattering fundraising records, Lugar won't commit to backing Mourdock and Betty White appears in a campaign ad for Howard Berman. Here's today's rundown:
10) Democrat Joe Garcia, who has twice run for Congress and lost, is challenging Republican Rep. David Rivera. But national Democrats appear to prefer businesswoman Gloria Romero Roses.
9) Democratic state Auditor Hector Balderas is the last of the three major New Mexico Senate candidates to go up on TV. This week, he's launching a 30-second spot highlighting his humble beginnings and underscoring the importance of education. Balderas is an underdog against Rep. Martin Heinrich in the June 5 primary.
8) New York state Board Of Elections commissioners will vote today on whether to accept a clerk's report that Rep. Michael Grimm, R-N.Y., did not collect enough signatures to run on the Independence Party line.
7) Betty White and Wendie Malick appear in California Democratic Rep. Howard Berman's latest TV ad. Berman also landed the coveted endorsement of the Los Angeles Times in his race against fellow Democratic Rep. Brad Sherman in the 30th District. Meanwhile, a pro-Berman super PAC has bought $500,000 worth of TV ad time and also faces questions from the Sherman team.
6) The Office of Congressional Ethics has cleared Rep. Spencer Bachus, R-Ala., of any insider trading wrongdoing.