5) Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., got some fundraising help from Vice President Joe Biden over the weekend.
4) Former Indiana Democratic state House Speaker John Gregg officially kicked off his gubernatorial campaign. He's giving out mustache lapels.
3) Gloria Cain is finally speaking out, in an interview on Fox News that will air this evening. She says of the allegations against her husband, presidential candidate Herman Cain, "I'm thinking he would have to have a split personality to do the things that were said."
2) There was a lot of clarity missing from Saturday night's CBS News/National Journal presidential debate over foreign policy, writes National Journal's Ron Fournier. He argues that Texas Gov. Rick Perry's long and convoluted response to a question on China was a perfect example of that.
Meanwhile, Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich were the debate's winners, according to National Journal's Insiders Poll.
1) Texas Republican Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst is launching his first television ad in the Texas Senate race this week. The positive, 30-second spot focuses on cutting spending. "We've got to clean up the mess. We've got to cut spending. We've got to prioritize. We've got to choke down government. It's worked in Texas, it'll work in Washington," Dewhurst, the Republican frontrunner says in the ad.
The size of the buy is six figures, on cable, beginning on Tuesday. The ad will also utilize local market DirecTV placement, which started this month in Dallas and Houston. Check out the full spot below:
Don't Miss Today's Top Stories
Chock full of usable information on today's issues."
Michael, Executive Director
Concise coverage of everything I wish I had hours to read about."