The Starting Five
1. Obama will return to campaign mode Thursday afternoon, taking questions about his State of the Union address via YouTube at 2:30 p.m.
2. Gallup finds Republicans have a net positive image
for the first time since 2005. The GOP also now holds a better net score than Democrats.
3. Former Texas Railroad Commissioner Michael Williams
(R) officially kicks off
his Senate campaign on Thursday. Williams has already garnered Tea Party support and has been mentioned as a strong candidate by South Carolina Sen. -- and Tea Party kingmaker -- Jim DeMint
4. Connecticut Rep. Chris Murphy
's (D) decision to run for the Senate has set off a scramble
for who will run for his House district. Already, two of the Republicans who ran last year -- Justin Bernier
and Mark Greenberg
-- are running again.
5. Unsuccessful 2010 Nevada Republican Senate Sharron Angle
, in Iowa, doesn't rule out
a presidential run. Seriously.