It would have been nice if Herman Cain "suspended his campaign" for:
(1) demonstrating no particular depth or understanding of foreign policy at time when we''re in two wars
(2) using taxpayer money to hire the U.S. Secret Service to keep him away from reporters
(3) realizing that, as charismatic as he is, there is a difference between being a talk radio host and a presidential candidate. (Yes, he was a CEO and appointed a "CEO" instead of a campaign manager. But he ran the thing like a reality TV show.)
(4) contradicting himself daily, on issues ranging from trivial to profound
(5) allowing a campaign employee to besmirch a reporter because he shared the same last name with a woman who accused him of sexual harassment
(6) making the GOP, in the end, look bad.
But I guess Republicans will take what they can get.
BTW: Cain is not ENDING his campaign because he needs to raise money and will get federal matching funds (taxpayer money!) to help him with any debts in January. Ain't that a Georgia Peach.