The 2012 Democratic and Republican conventions provide a rare opportunity both to connect with powerful people and to participate in one of the country's most cherished traditions. These spirited gatherings are equal parts policy, politics, and celebration and attract the power centers of each party, including state, local, and federal officials, senior party leadership, national media, and business leaders.
1984 National Journal was the FIRST publication to cover the Conventions, and for decades, National Journal has been THE primary source for news and information, both on and off the convention floor. From a daily publication printed in each city to policy briefings exploring the platforms up for debate to highly sought-after viewing parties all week long, National Journal will build on this unparalleled experience to deliver a 360 degree media opportunity for advertisers seeking a way to put their message on the conversational agenda.
- Special issues of National Journal published the Saturday before each convention
- Insiders' guide to what's to come with the same great analysis our readers have loved since 1969
- Includes valuable resources such as maps, schedules and telephone numbers for key organizations present at the conventions
- 15,000 copies distributed to VIPs at the convention cities, plus to all National Journal
- The essential daily publication read by convention VIPs and attendees at both conventions for daily convention and campaign coverage
- A tabloid-sized publication created on site with full-scale editorial staffs in Tampa and Charlotte
- 20,000 plus copies distributed daily by 7:00 AM to hotel room doors, convention complexes, party headquarters and key media work spaces
- National Journal's Convention Daily Preview issue published one month before conventions and mailed to convention VIPs
- Wrap-up issue published immediately after the Democratic Convention and mailed to all convention VIPs
- Total of 12 issues
- National Journal will leverage the latest technologies to develop a 360 degree digital experience at both conventions
- From up to the minute scheduling information to live streaming of events to live blogging and crowd-sourced content from the floor, NationalJournal.com will provide underwriters a wide array of connecting with party influentials all week long.
- For more information on specific digital offerings, contact your National Journal sales representative.
National Journal will partner with The Atlantic to create a series of must-see events reflecting the pace and the mood of the conventions. These events provide just-in-time analysis every morning, and a relaxed gathering spot for executives and convention VIPs in the evening. Beyond the branding benefits, the briefings and lounges offer a "touchdown" point for top executives of sponsoring organizations to refresh their knowledge of convention happenings, relax with peers in a convivial setting, and enjoy light refreshments.
Informed insight on the latest developments from the convention and campaign trail, with incisive analysis from our editorial team on where it's all going and what it means for the country. Program moderators include people such as Charlie Cook, Ron Brownstein, Jim Fallows, Josh Green, Marc Ambinder, and Garance Franke-Ruta. 100-150+ attendees per day.
These evening convention viewing parties were such a hit in 2008 that we're resurrecting them to be bigger and better in 2012. The festivities will unfold at National Journal's branded convention hub and will offer attendees a relaxed atmosphere within which to engage with the convention content and to meet other enthusiastic convention stakeholders. 200-300+ attendees per evening.
In addition to the events noted above, National Journal will develop additional custom programs with underwriters. Contact your National Journal represenative for more information.